What to Check When Buying a Used Car
You already know that opting for a used car is a great way to save money in Waterbury, but do you know where to begin? With the large selection of used vehicles for sale at Honda of Watertown, it can be daunting to decide which car is right for you. Do you know what to check when buying a used car? Our guide removes the guesswork.
What to Check When Buying a Used Car From Home
You don’t have to wait until you’re at the dealership to start deciding on which used vehicle is right for you. Here’s what to check when buying a used car before you leave your Southbury home:
- Know Your Budget: Use our payment calculator and, if you have a car to trade, our value your trade tool to get a clear picture of what your budget looks like. Our finance department is available if you’d like help.
- See What the Experts Say: You can find out how well makes and model years of cars have aged when you do a little research. Kelley Blue Book and J.D. Power and Associates can tell you about dependability, while the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has vehicle safety information that covers many years. Check these sources for the cost of ownership and figure that into your budget.
- Choose Your Year, Make, and Model: With this information you can choose the year, make, and model that’s right for you. What are your top three? Use our vehicle finder to start the search for your perfect car.
What to Check When Buying a Used Car At the Dealership
Don’t kick the tires just yet—there are better ways to get the information you need when you meet your potential used car. Here’s what you need when you visit the dealership to see your top three used car picks:
- Check the Vehicle History Report: Vehicle history reports are great for knowing just how previous owners have treated your potential car. You want a used car that has a clean title and hasn’t been involved in any accidents. Verify the miles on the odometer with a vehicle history report, along with how many owners the vehicle’s had. Sometimes maintenance records are included with the vehicle history report. If not, ask to see them.
- Test Drive: While you know a big part of a test drive is to find out how well a vehicle feels ergonomically, you should also pay attention to the amount of power it has, if the brakes are responsive, and if there are any unusual noises or vibrations.
- Get an Inspection: While our certified technicians give every used vehicle a thorough inspection for safety and reliability, and our certified pre-owned vehicles have passed the inspection mandated by Honda, you should still get another set of professional eyes on the car you want. You can have the car inspected by the mechanic of your choice.
Find Your Next Vehicle at Honda of Watertown
No matter what your used car budget is, Honda of Watertown is here to help you find the right used vehicle for how you drive in Torrington. Contact us if you have any questions about what to check when buying a used car.
More from Honda of Watertown
Since its initial release in the mid-nineties, the Honda CR-V has remained a staple of the midsize SUV segment. Although, back in ‘95 when the first CR-V models were hitting the streets of Torrington, consumer car colors were a little uninspired. These days the case couldn’t be any more the opposite. Shoppers looking into a…
With spacious interiors and a well-stocked interior, your trips around Waterbury are covered with the 2022 Honda HR-V interior. The HR-V seating upgrades your comfort while the dimensions give you versatility for all your needs around town. Explore the 2022 Honda HR-V dimensions and some of the highlighted features with Honda of Watertown. Then, contact us…
The Honda Passport is back and better than ever for 2022! There’s plenty to love about this all-new SUV, from its powerhouse engine and excellent fuel economy to its roomy interior cabin. The Passport has been freshly redesigned for 2022, seamlessly blending exterior toughness with interior luxury. Whether you’re taking your Passport on an off-road…