What is Honda Sensing?
Honda Sensing is a comprehensive suite of safety features standard on select Honda models like the 2019 Civic and 2019 Pilot. In CNET’s Honda Sensing review, they describe Honda Sensing and how it has been implemented into more than 1 million Honda vehicles. Wondering, “what is Honda Sensing, and why is it so popular?”. When equipped, Honda Sensing safety suite helps you stay safe during every Waterbury ride. Learn more at Honda of Watertown before selecting your next Honda vehicle!
What’s Included in the Honda Sensing Package?
Drivers can find several technologies in the Honda Sensing Package to increase their awareness and help them safely navigate the roads in Southbury and Torrington.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)—if a collision with a straight-ahead vehicle seems likely, this system helps the car brake.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)—uses a small camera to detect road markings and will alert you if you begin to leave the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)—allows you to set and then maintain a certain following distance.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)—adjusts steering automatically to bring you back to the center of the lane if you begin to drift.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)—uses a camera to detect and alert you to speed limit signs.
Can You Turn Off Honda Sensing?
You might be asking yourself, “Do I have to use all the Honda Sensing features all the time?” No—you can turn them off. If you want to turn off RDM, you can press a button under ECON. Push the MAIN button on the steering wheel until the indicators in the instrument cluster are gone to turn off LKS.
You can also use the optional central touchscreen to configure the Honda Sensing settings. Hit “Settings,” “Vehicle Settings,” and then “Drive Assist Setup.” This allows you to change RDM warnings, distance warnings for CMBS, and more.
If you have questions, or need additional help turning off features, schedule a service appointment with one of our technicians!
Try Out Honda Sensing in Watertown!
If you need assistance modifying or turning off Honda Sensing features, feel free to schedule a service appointment to work with one of our Honda service technicians! And if you’d like help choosing a new Honda with the Honda Sensing system, contact us at Honda of Watertown. We can help you compare fan-favorites like the Honda Civic vs. Accord or CR-V vs. HR-V, and drive home a winner today!